Green Technology & Renewable Energy
Creativity and innovation in “green technology” (also known as “clean technology”) by bringing the promise of a healthier planet – as well as the prospect of growing businesses that can sustain its health.
The goals that inform developments in this rapidly growing field include:
- Sustainability – meeting the needs of society in ways that can continue indefinitely into the future without damaging or depleting natural resources. In short, meeting present needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
- “Cradle to cradle” design – ending the “cradle to grave” cycle of manufactured products, by creating products that can be fully reclaimed or re-used.
- Source reduction – reducing waste and pollution by changing patterns of production and consumption.
- Innovation – developing alternatives to technologies – whether fossil fuel or chemical intensive agriculture – that have been demonstrated to damage health and the environment.
- Viability – creating a centre of economic activity around technologies and products that benefit the environment, speeding their implementation and creating new careers that truly protect the planet.